A bit about the role
Operations are the heart of HumanForest. Your primary focus is to optimise the E-Bike fleet, maximising their use and ensuring our users get the best possible E-Bike experience. As the Operations Lead, you will drive excellence across our team of Gardeners (swappers and drivers) and Mechanics. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will also assist in establishing new processes and brainstorming innovative ways of fine-tuning the operation.
The candidate should demonstrate a strong aptitude for problem-solving and a hunger to seize the initiative. You are highly motivated and willing to lead by example with hands-on aspects of the business - excellent time management and ability to multitask will be essential attributes in a round the clock operation.
With two direct reports and overseeing a team of 20+, the candidate must exemplify the values and standards that the company operates under and love working in a team environment. The role is based at the Operations HQ in Central London.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Build a Team - Hire and grow the Gardeners team and the Mechanics team to succeed in our local operations
- Lead a Team - Train, measure, set targets and manage the overall team performance based on guidance from the Operations Manager
- Build and Optimise Operations - Manage the completion of daily tasks as they're assigned, including resolving urgent crises and assisting with E-bike deployments and retrievals when necessary
- Create Protocols - Develop protocols and procedures to optimise operations constantly. Design task flows that address all these actions and integrate them into our platforms working with the Data team
- Analyse Data - Assess and use our data (customer feedback, supply/demand, field experience, etc.) to identify opportunities to enhance our business and optimise performance and KPIs
- Problem Solving - Communicating regular updates to the Operations Manager and using your criteria and independent judgment to help drive the business and solve issues for daily operations
- Collaborate - Operations will need to constantly collaborate with data scientists, customer service, marketing and other teams
Who you are:
- Experience - 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced operations environment, preferably in mobility
- Natural leadership - You are an innate leader who always strives for excellence, recognises details when things don't work precisely, and always motivates your team
- Adrenaline and FUN - Being at a startup means not everything works as planned. You are a strong multi-tasker and a high-energy person who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves, work hard and play hard!
- Owner mentality - You own the HumanForest experience, being customer-obsessed in serving your Treenions (users) and ensuring our operations are continuously changing to satisfy our customers' needs
Valid driver license is a must and acceptable Driving Record
What will you get in return?
- Play a key role in the transformation of sustainable urban mobility in our cities
- Competitive compensation plan with plenty of development opportunities and Employee Equity Options
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, working with a team of fun, experienced and motivated individuals
- Private Health Insurance and Pension Contributions
- Birthday day off plus 25 days holiday (pro-rated)
- HumanForest bike minutes allowance
- Super trendy office in Central London
- Fun! We work hard and play hard (regular socials)
Equal opportunities employer statement
HumanForest is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, assure equality and promote expression. We do not accept any form of harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees.
Want to create a greener future with us? Join us, and Let's reForest the world together!