A bit about the role
Operations are the heart of HumanForest. You will be responsible for servicing, repairs and bike assembly, at our warehouse or on the road.
Knowing how to work under pressure and within a dynamic environment is essential, as our company is continuously growing and looking to improve. As part of the role, you will work at our Warehouse or on our Mobile Workshop (E-Van). Also, you will perform on-site operational activities, such as collecting our e-bikes from the streets using our E-Trucks and bringing them back to the warehouse for maintenance or repairing purposes.
This role will report directly to our Operations Manager.
*Core shifts are during weekdays but flexibility to work at least one weekend day per month is required.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Carry out e-bikes service and safety checks based on Operations protocols and reports
- Identify faults, damage and wear on our e-bikes, reporting them to the team
- Repair and/or replace damaged or worn-out components based on damage reports and Operations protocols
- Work with the team to identify tools required to improve our operations and to update our protocols and procedures
- Be prepared to move collecting bikes from the street to repair in the warehouse when necessary according to protocol, driving our fleet of vehicles
- Organise and implement maintenance schedules to ensure the e-bike fleet is in full working order
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of the equipment and the satisfactory appearance of the workshop site
- Be flexible in your job role, willing to assist in other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager and in accordance to training you will be given
- Other specific maintenance tasks:
- Wheel truing (straightening bike wheels so that they are properly aligned)
- Fitting accessories
- Cleaning, degreasing and lubricating bike parts
- Ordering bike parts and keeping a log of stock
Who you are:
- Previous experience in bike repair and maintenance (2 years), Cytech qualifications desirable
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of bike maintenance and repair and current bike developments
- Problem-solving skills and ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to work well with your hands
- Able to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Approachable, friendly, and enthusiastic personality
- Flexible and punctual
- Driving Licence is a must as you will be required to drive vehicles such as van, utility truck or trike
What will you get in return?
- Competitive compensation plan with plenty of development opportunities and Employee Equity Options
- Private Health Insurance plus Pension and Health & Wellbeing Contributions
- Birthday day off plus 25 days holiday
- HumanForest bike minutes allowance
- Super trendy office in Central London (flexible remote working)
- Fun! We work hard and play hard (regular socials)
Equal opportunities employer statement
HumanForest is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, assure equality and promote expression. We do not accept any form of harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees.
Want to create a greener future with us? Join us, and Let's reForest the world together!